Do you get home and wonder what’s for dinner? I have the solution for you: Power Cooking. When you power cook, you save time, save money, and save DINNER!
Power cooking is simply cooking multiple foods simultaneously so you can get more done in less time. I power cook so I know what is for dinner 10 times a month! And I can power cook in less than 40 minutes a month for these 10 meals!
Here are some tips to power cooking:
- Organize yourself. Choose two proteins to power cook and then 10 recipes to go with those two proteins. I go with chicken breasts and ground beef.
- Get the right containers. Because you are power cooking protein in bulk, you will need to freeze smaller amounts for your recipes in air-tight containers. Freezer bags, mason jars, leak-proof glass containers all work well.
- Shop ahead. Don’t just shop for the proteins, shop for the pantry ingredients to your 10 recipes too. This insures that you have the ingredients on hand for your 10 meals.
- Label. Make sure when you are done cooking your proteins, you label the container with what it is and the date it was frozen. You have up to 3 months to use your protein. And about every 1.5 cups of ground beef or chicken breast is about a pound.
- Have the right tools available to power cook. You need cookware that can handle bulk cooking.
Here are my favorite power cooking tools:
The Multipot With Collapsible Steamer is the ultimate one-pot meal maker! It’s perfect for pasta, soup, stew, and more. The innovative lid props in the handle so condensation runs back into the pot, instead of all over your stovetop. You can even use the lid as a built-in strainer. The top-of-the-line titanium-reinforced, four-layer nonstick coating is PFOA-free and provides even heat conduction and consistent results every time.
Grill on the stovetop any time of year with the heavy-duty Executive Nonstick Double Burner Grill & Grill Press Set. Create restaurant-quality, seared grill marks on up to four paninis, six steaks or eight burgers at once, or cook protein on one side and veggies on the other for quick meals with less cleanup. Includes the Executive Nonstick Double Burner Grill and two Grill Presses.
Take your cookware collection to the next level with the Rockcrok® 4-qt. (3.8-L) Slow Cooker Set! It’ll be your go-to combo for serving a crowd. You can easily transfer food from the oven or stovetop to the stand without changing pots or pans. The set includes the Rockcrok® Slow Cooker Stand and Dutch Oven.
And to power cook the proteins, use this formula:
- 5 pounds ground beef + 5 onions, diced + 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 7 pounds chicken breast + a small amount of canola oil brushed onto the surface for cooking and salt and pepper to taste
Want to hear more and see more about how this works?
Check out my Jen’s Joyful Kitchen Cooking Show:
Are these tips helpful? Subscribe to my blog!
I am an independent consultant with Pampered Chef, affiliate links are included in this post to products I use and love! If you would like any further information about these products, please contact me.