By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Pepper Jack Party Pinwheels. Perfect for game day. Cheesy goodness rolled into a bite-sized food portable enough to take with you while you are watching high-dollar TV commercials between the football plays – my favorite part of the entire game. You may even have all the ingredients for Pepper Jack Party Pinwheels right in the frig – tortillas, turkey, chipotle mayo, lettuce, tomato and pepper jack cheese (always in my frig!)! Can it get any easier?
Cabot Cheese is a must have for any party, it’s a protein-rich snack and is naturally lactose free. It’s seriously in my frig at all times. I love it with apples or grapes, and even making a gooey grilled cheese. And Cabot Creamery (the maker of the cheese used in this recipe) is a family-farmer owned cooperative of more than 1200 farms located throughout New England and New York. One-hundred (100) percent of Cabot’s profits go back to their farmers. A few months ago, I was able to try a bunch of their cheeses and can’t get enough of their variety of flavors!
Special tip: The right layering in this recipe makes all the difference. Tortilla – lettuce – turkey – Pepper Jack cheese – chipotle mayo – tomatoes. Roll up. Keep it in that order so you don’t end up with a mushy mess if you decide to make them a few hours ahead! And if you want to turn them into a meal? Just cut them in half on the diagonal – for a pretty effect on the plate.
See how versatile this recipe is? From parties to just plating it up for lunch, this will be a winner. I hope you enjoy!
Pepper Jack Party Pinwheels
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inch size)
- 6 large leaves butter head lettuce
- 24 thinly-sliced turkey slices (24 ounces)
- 6 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack Cheese, sliced thinly or shredded
- 6 tablespoons chipotle mayonnaise
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Lay out six tortillas on a flat surface. Layer ingredients in order given evenly on top of each tortilla – lettuce, turkey, cheese, mayo and then tomatoes.
- Working carefully, roll each tortilla up and secure with toothpick. Repeat with each tortilla. Wrap tightly if making ahead in wax paper.
- Just before serving, remove wax paper and slice each tortilla wrap into four 1-1/2 inch pinwheels. (Remove ends if ingredients are not dispersed evenly). Serve on platter.
My friends have posted their favorite recipes with Cabot Cheese as well – just check out the links below!