Nearly all of your fruits and vegetables in one simple dish? It’s not a smoothie…it’s a Make & Take Salad in a Jar. While you might think you’ve heard that one before – you haven’t seen what I’m about to show you – take a look at the one tool that makes Salads in a Jar a breeze, plus get simple tips on how to build a better salad in a jar so you don’t end up with a soggy mess! Read on, or watch the video below – and look for the Turkey, Cranberry, and Spinach Salad in a Jar recipe! As a Pampered Chef Consultant, I must tell you about this amazing kitchen tool that will revolutionize your lunch.
Make & Take Salads Are Everywhere
You’ve probably seen the cute little jars filled with colorful salads, they are trending because they really do make healthy eating easier! And the jar is so portable. But two things I worry about are the glass jar shattering as it slips out of my hands, and there’s no where to put the dressing so we add it to the bottom which can result in a soggy salad. But there’s hope! Pampered Chef has made Make & Take Salads really easy with their new Make & Take Salad Mason Jar Set.
- It’s won’t shatter.
- It has a cool dressing holder.
- It comes with a fork and spook – washable of course.
- It also comes with a cooler and snack container, perfect for hummus and veggies, or a yogurt parfait. (Or dessert!)
- It’s dishwasher safe! Yay!
- Use it for salads, chilled soups, snacks, and overnight oatmeal bowls. (Super versatile)
And, the best thing about this idea? You can prep on Sunday for salads all week, following these simple instructions!
Quick Guide to Building a Make & Take Salad in a Jar
Build your salad from the bottom up:
- Grain/Beans (1/4-1/2 cup)
- Hearty or juicy vegetables ( ½ cup)
- Delicate vegetables/fruit (1/2 cup)
- Greens (1-1/2 cups)
- Toppings (2 T)
- Protein (3 oz)
- Leave room to shake
- Add dressing to the lid (don’t pour over salad until ready to eat)
This salad combination, Turkey, Cranberry & Spinach Salad, is filled with crunchiness from the granola, sweetness from the strawberries and cranberries, satisfying thanks to the turkey, beets, and quinoa, and just plain delicious.
Make & Take Salads! Featuring Turkey, Cranberry & Spinach Salad from Registered Dietitian JenHaugenRD
Posted by JenHaugenRD on Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Interested in a kitchen tool, like the Mason Jar Set? As a Pampered Chef consultant, I can help you! Just place an order at the link below!
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked and diced beets
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup diced cooked turkey thighs
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed dressing
- In the order given, add all ingredients (except dressing) to a four-cup jar, leaving room to shake at the top. Once ready to eat, add dressing and shake.