The Deluxe Cooking Blender was released September 1, 2019 as part of the fall line with Pampered Chef. As a product ambassador to this product, meaning I have been testing this product for months prior to the release as part of a special, very small group of people who were given this product early to experiment, I want to share the best tips and recipes with you.
Let’s start with why you would want to have the Deluxe Cooking Blender in your kitchen. Prior to owning the Deluxe Cooking Blender (DXCB) from Pampered Chef, I was a user of Kitchen Aid Blenders. Their primary use? Smoothies and shakes. I realized very quickly that while I thought my KA blender was the best on the market, I was wrong. It was only doing one thing on my countertop – making smoothies and shakes. I didn’t even know what I was missing and the versatility the Deluxe Cooking Blender could provide.
If you are a watcher, more than a reader, here is the full video about what the Deluxe Cooking Blender can do!
Here is a lineup of the different pre-sets on the DXCB:
- Smoothies – 1 minute pre-set time – no pulsing needed – making smoothies and smoothie bowls in an instant
- Grinding – 2 minutes and 20 seconds to homemade nut butters (almond, cashew, peanut, sunflower seeds, hummus and walnut dips)
- Alternative Milk – customize your own alternative milk beverages to use your own ingredients (alternative milk beverages include almond , cashew, coconut, macademia, oat, rice and more)
- Soup – in about 30 minutes, you can make soup with your favorite raw vegetables (yes, no precooking of your vegetables is needed saving you time, steps and pans on the stovetop)
- Heated Puree – how about hiding extra vegetables in your favorite dishes? Use raw vegetables to add to soups, casseroles, desserts, sauces and more. Or make your own baby food as well.
- Sauce – you can make your own homemade sauces without a packet or a jar. Think nacho cheese, alfredo, chicken or beef gravy, sausage gravy, or hollandaise. What about hot chocolate or ice cream base for homemade ice cream?
- Jam – with three ingredients, you can turn your favorite fruits into homemade jam in less than 45 minutes and you don’t have to stand married to the stovetop.
- Custom Blend – this is where you can make milkshakes, nice cream (fruit based ice cream), frozen drinks, salsa, guacamole, pesto and SO much more. There is also a custom heat function as well.
- Heated Wash – so it cooks for you and then it cleans for you? YES! It heats water and a drop of soap to 140 degrees and then cleans the entire blender base for you. All you need to do is rinse out the soapy water when it’s finished (this cycle is only 2 minutes and 20 seconds long) and clean around the rim. Do not submerge the blender pitcher.
- Pulse – you can also pulse your favorite foods in the DXCB.
Points of difference:
The DXCB has a heating element in it. It does not work to heat foods by friction like other blenders on the market do. It actually has a temperature control so it can be custom set to a certain setting, or it can follow the pre-set controls when heating is required. THIS is a huge difference when looking at other blenders on the market. Many premium blenders only heat food and they don’t cook it. And those other blenders can cost twice as much as the DXCB. Once you realize how much the DXCB can do, you will fall in love with it and replace many current kitchen items you have with just this one product.
The safety and quality of the DXCB is unmatched as Pampered Chef continues to produce high quality kitchen tools that do more than just sit on your countertop. You will use this every. single. day.
- The lid has a safety sensor built in so it will not blend if not locked into the right position (don’t worry, it’s easy – not like a food processor that is so hard to put together).
- The pitcher is actually made out of glass allowing it to withstand the high heat settings required for soups and sauces and jams.
- There are spots on the pitcher to ensure you won’t burn yourself when lifting it off the base.
- It comes with a tamper which will NOT touch the blades when you need to push down food. It also comes with a strainer bag for your alternative milk straining as well as a Dual Edged Cleaning Brush in case a chunk of food should get stuck on the blades during cleaning. And a high-altitude adapter for those living in higher altitudes.
Now that you know all about the Deluxe Cooking Blender, let me share some simple tips on how to get started:
- Read the Deluxe Cooking Blender Cooking Guide – this is where you will find a full parts listing, and you will learn how to use all the settings on the blender.
- Before using the blender, practice the Heated Wash setting. Do not submerge the base of the pitcher in water – ever. It’s easy – simply add three cups of water to the pitcher and a drop of soap (not a whole squeeze or soap will overflow during cleaning). Attach the lid and secure in place so LID is no longer showing on the display screen. Turn the dial to Heated Wash and press the center of the dial to have it begin. It will first heat the water to 140 degrees and then it will spin the water and clean the vessel for 2 minutes and 20 seconds. Rinse and it’s ready to use.
- Make these two recipes to get you started so you can get comfortable with the presets as well as the heating function.
Last step: Then, start blending your way through the Cooking Guide – it’s really that simple! As you pick a preset function in the cooking guide, make a recipe to go with it, so you get comfortable with all that the Deluxe Cooking Blender can do.
Where can you find additional recipes for the Deluxe Cooking Blender?
The Cooking Guide that comes with the DXCB provides over 60 recipes to get you started. If you are looking for other recipes, I suggest going to my Pampered Chef website and search in the recipes tab. You can search by product name as well. Once you have cooked and blended your way through the Cooking Guide though, you will be very comfortable with using it for your favorite recipes. You can also google “blender recipes” and find new ideas. Scroll to the bottom of this post for additional ideas.
Here is the link to all the Deluxe Cooking Blender recipes found on my Pampered Chef website: Recipes
What if there is a film on the bottom of the blender after the heated wash cycle?
No worries, you more than likely cooked something with a higher starch or sugar or fat content that can leave a residue at high temperatures. You can get this off by using the Dual Edged Cleaning Brush that came with the DXCB and a little Bar Keeper’s friend. After using this, repeat the heated wash cycle to ensure all of the cleaner is removed. You can use a baking soda paste as well.
How long is the guarantee?
The Deluxe Cooking Blender comes with a three year warranty against manufacturer defects. It does not cover user error that results in malfunction.
I hope you decide to purchase your Deluxe Cooking Blender with me as your consultant. As you can see, I take the time to help you get started and continue to support you as you cook in your kitchen.
To purchase the Deluxe Cooking Blender – head to my website: https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/jenhaugen/shop/Cookware/Cookware/Deluxe+Cooking+Blender/100125
You can also find additional accessories:
Additional Recipe Ideas from other Product Testers:
The Best Fire Roasted Salsa: I have made this over and over and it is fantastic! Uses fresh tomatoes that are roasted under the broiler for a few minutes (use the Rock Crok to broil them – it’s broiler safe) and then whirled with additional ingredients in the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Easy and delicious.
Dessert Crumbs: Just pulse oreos or graham crackers for a few seconds until desired consistency.
Homemade Baby Food: Just add your favorite vegetables or fruits and set to heated puree. You can also make your own combinations of vegetables and fruits as well. (Do not add meat).
10 oz. Evaporated milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 tbs. Butter
1 1/2- 1 2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbs. Vanilla
Salt to taste
Add all ingredients to pitcher and set on Jam Setting.
Strawberry Jalapeno Flavored Cream Cheese:
3 tbsp strawberry jam & 1 block of cream cheese
1/4 cup pickled jalapeños & 1 block of cream cheese!
Custom blend on 1 until smooth! Sooo easy!
Death by Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce
(Makes about 4 cups)
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
Add the cream, white sugar, butter, brown sugar in the blender. Run the Sauce setting. When it says add in, just press the button to continue. When it ends, run on Custom Blend – speed 3 for 45 seconds. Then add cocoa and vanilla. Custom blend on 1 or 2 to incorporate the cocoa for a few seconds, then scrape down the sides, then custom blend on 3 for 10 seconds.